Wednesday, November 20, 2013
It took Connecticut long enough, but it seems that forth district congressional voters are finally figuring out the Goldman Sachs Banker from Greenwich isn’t everything he was cracked up to be
The bad news? The country is stuck with Barack Obama for the next three-and-a-half years.
The good news? Thant in Connecticut's forth congressional district Dan Debecella is offering a contrast to his big spending, crony capitalist, welfare statist, global interventionist policies that has brought astagnet recovery to the state.
Anyway … according to the results of the latest Washington Post ABC News poll. Obama’s approval rating has plunged to 42 percent (compared to 55 percent who disapprove of his performance). Meanwhile only 41 percent approve of his handling of the economy (compared to 57 percent who disapprove) and only 33 percent approve of his handling of the implementation of Obamacare (compared to 63 percent who disapprove).
Wait … about one-third of America actually agrees with the perpetually wrong Jim Himes and thanks Obama has done a good job rolling out the failed Obamacare?
As for Jim Himes' Obamacare itself, 57 percent now oppose it compared to 40 percent who support it. Meanwhile 65 percent oppose the individual mandate tax that Jim Himes fought so hard for, compared to 34 percent who support it.
Those are terrible numbers, particularly when you consider the sample for the Post/ABC poll consisted of 31 percent Democrats and only 24 percent Republicans.
The was no comment offered from Jim Himes congressional office concerning the rapidly crumbling support for him and his beloved Obamacare.
An ABC News / Washington Post poll shows votes would chose Republican candidate Mitt Romney over President Obama, 49-45 percent, if they could have a do over.
And most of Connecticut's district 4 voters now wish that they could also have a mulligan on Jim Himes and the 2010 election.
Obama reached a new low in the ABC poll, with a 42 percent approval rating and 55 percent disapproval, and 57 percent of Americans oppose Obamacare, which host George Stephanopoulos called “brutal numbers for the White House.” Only 46 percent see Obama as a strong leader, and just 47 percent view him as trustworthy.
GEORGE STEPHANOPOULOS: Our new ABC News/ Washington Post poll, which shows President Obama with the lowest support of his presidency. Those troubles with Obamacare hitting hard across the board. Seven out of ten Americans now think the country’s on the wrong track, and this comes amid new revelations that the administration was warned about the problems in the website as early as March. ABC’s Jon Karl is at the White House, and Jon, these are brutal numbers for the White House.
JONATHAN KARL: They sure are, George. The lowest job approval rating we have ever seen in the ABC News / Washington Post poll. Only 42 percent approving of the president’s job performance, 55 percent disapproving, and on the health care law, a record-high 57 percent say they oppose the law. Only 40 percent supporting it. George, look at this number. We asked voters if they could have a mulligan on the 2012 presidential election, who would they vote for. A plurality now say they would vote for Romney over Obama. But of course, that is one thing that President Obama does not have to worry about.
STEPHANOPOULOS: What a difference a year makes. Real signs that there were some red flashing lights back in March about the rollout of the website.
KARL: That’s right. It turns out we learned from the congressional committees investigating this that they asked a consulting firm to look at whether or not they would be ready, the McKinsey consulting firm. They found in a March report that was presented to White House officials in April that there were real problems. They thought the website would not be ready. Their biggest concern, George, was there was not enough time to do end-to-end testing, and of course we know that was exactly the case.
Friday, October 26, 2012
- From Westport to Malawi: on Assignment 2012-10-26, 11:10 pmHelen Klisser During, director of visual arts at the Westport Arts Center today visited a remote village in Malawi, a landlocked country in southeast Africa, where she is on a photo assignment for the United Nations accompanying Helen Clark, United Nations Development Programme Administrator.
- Bracing for Sandy 2012-10-26, 10:04 pmWarning that Hurricane Sandy could be worse than nor'easter that pummeled Westport in December 1992, town officials today urged residents in a CodeRed emergency telephone notification "to take all possible precautions," from checking emergency equipment to filling sandbags, possibly even evacuating flood-prone areas.
- Westport First Selectman: Prepare For Flooding, Outages 2012-10-26, 09:01 pmWESTPORT, Conn. The following is a CodeRed telephone message issued by Westport First Selectman Gordon Joseloff Friday evening regarding Hurricane Sandy: "The Town of Westport is gearing up for a very serious storm event.
- Nine properties honored with Historic Preservation Awards 2012-10-26, 06:37 pmThe Tannery Cottage at 15 Powers Court is the recipient of a 2012 Historic Preservation Award from the Westport Historic District Commission.
- Things to do in Westport this weekend 2012-10-26, 06:10 pmThe weather promises to be wet and wild if Sandy decides to drop in this weekend in Westport, but there's still time for fun before the onslaught: It's "Next to Normal" at 8 p.m. Friday the MainStage Studio Theatre, 246 Post Road East at Colonial Green.
- Westport Areas Likely to Experience Flooding 2012-10-26, 03:32 pmThis Federal Emergency Management Agency map shows likely areas in Westport of flood inundation during hurricanes.
- Westport EMS Offers Storm Preparation Tips 2012-10-25, 03:00 amWESTPORT, Conn. With weather forecasts indicating Westport will likely be hit by Hurricane Sandy early next week, Westport EMS encourages residents to start making health-care preparations for weathering the storm and its possible aftermath.
- Connecticut's worst hurricanes 2012-10-26, 02:07 pm... for help. The boat washed ashore after it broke away from its mooring just off Bell Island. The Wansiewicz are from Westport, CT. Wildfire Glenn Osmundson Hurricane Gloria Sept. 30, 1985 - Marjorie Wyler of Danbury Ave in Westport (near Compo Beach) ...
- Are criticisms of Rajat Gupta's two-year prison sentence sound or suspect? 2012-10-26, 11:25 am... & Gamble Co. board member Rajat Gupta, 63, on Wednesday as sufficient to deter others and properly punish the Westport, Conn., resident. "At the same time, no one really knows how much jail time is necessary to materially deter insider trading; but ...
- Tiger-Sul Acquires Sulphur Processing Facility 2012-10-26, 09:09 am... commodities and products that it sources, manufactures and markets. H.J. Baker & Bro., Inc. is headquartered in Westport, Connecticut USA. Tiger-Sul Products (Canada) Co. is a wholly-owned subsidiary of H.J. Baker & Bro., Inc. Tiger-Sul Products is ...
- Retired Springdale filmmaker turns audio self-publisher 2012-10-26, 08:42 am... and "Wickedly Funny." "Gordon" is the story of an advertising copywriter with "one leg on Madison Avenue, one in Westport, and both knee deep in trouble." Gordon's wife, according to the back cover, is divorcing him, his girlfriend is callous to his ...
- Could monitoring devices aid probe into school bus incident? 2012-10-26, 08:32 amWestport police have confirmed that a camera and audio system were installed on the school bus where the driver apparently erupted last week in a profane and sexually explicit outburst in front of Coleytown Middle School students.
- Westport weather: Calm before the storm ... 2012-10-26, 08:32 amPounding weather looms for southwestern Connecticut, beginning late Sunday and continuing through early next week, as Hurricane Sandy continues this morning on a path that threatens the nation's East Coast.
- Preservation Award Winner: Spotted Horse 2012-10-26, 07:58 amAmong the nine winners of the Westport Historic District Commission 2012 Preservation Awards to be presented in a Town Hall ceremony at 7 p.m. on Monday, is the house at 26 Church Lane now occupied by the Spotted Horse restaurant.
- Westport Prepares for Hurricane Sandy 2012-10-26, 07:39 amWestport First Selectman Gordon Joseloff said Thursday Westport is preparing for a major storm next week as forecasters say it is increasing likely that Hurricane Sandy will have an impact on the area.
- What To Do In Westport This Weekend 2012-10-26, 07:19 amWESTPORT, Conn. The first annual Downtown Westport Foodie Fest kicks off this weekend.
- Lionheart Looks To Make Pound Ridge Destination Town 2012-10-26, 04:30 am... n I've lived in." The Lionheart Gallery, 27 Westchester Ave, will open a new exhibit Nov. 18 featuring the works of Westport, Conn. painter Claudia Mengel. For more information, call 914-764-8689 or visit http://www.thelionheartgallery.com/ .
- Seniority/Westporter enjoys physical fitness 2012-10-25, 03:00 amEditor's note: This is one in an occasional series of chats with local seniors about their lives, youthful aspirations, sources of pride and regret, plus a bit of wisdom to share with younger folks.
- Legend of the Fall: Staples' Hickok ready for one last run with Wreckers 2012-10-26, 02:17 amStaples goalie James Hickok stops a Darien ball, during boys soccer action in Westport, Conn.
- 'Kabbalah of You' course offered at Chabad 2012-10-25, 11:14 pm"The Kabbalah of You: A Guide to Unlocking Your Hidden Potential" is the topic of a six-session course to be offered at Chabad of Westport, 79 Newtown Turnpike.
Friday, May 4, 2012
Saturday, March 17, 2012
Tuesday, February 21, 2012
Sunday, February 5, 2012
A purse was reportedly found outside the store.
A Mitchells spokeswoman said it was unclear what happened, but a source at the store said some merchandise had been taken.
Friday, April 8, 2011
|Swing Set Rules Stay in Place|
Wall Street Journal
AP WESTPORT, Conn.—The children of Westport can keep swinging but only as long as their play sets aren't too close to their neighbors' property. The town's zoning board has rejected a proposal to ease rules that require swing sets to sit at least 50 ...
|Westport Swing Set Appeal Doesn't Fly|
By LeAnne Gendreau Nothing will change. Children in the wealthy town can keep swinging on the swing sets only as long as the sets is not too close to the neighbors' property. The case gained national attention after Cary Moskowitz was ordered to remove ...
|Westport native John Darnton pieces together his father's past in new memoir|
Westport native John Darnton, a longtime editor and foreign correspondent for the New York Times, has released his memoir, "Almost a Family." He will speak on the book at the Westport Library on Sunday, April 10 at 2 pm Photo: Contributed Photo ...
|Endorsement for Westport Board of Health candidate|
South Coast Today
Citizens of Westport, please consider voting for Donna Lambert for a Westport Board of Health member. Donna has served the town as a Board of Health member for some 10 years. Donna knows the state and federal mandates with regard to enforcing our ...
|'My Way' loses its way at Westport's MTC|
"My Way" is decidedly not my way. The title refers to the current show at the Music Theatre of Connecticut. Though billed as "a musical tribute to Frank Sinatra," there is little about it to recapture Sinatra's world and his music. ...
|Westport weather: A chancy outlook, except for Saturday|
There's a "chance" that any outdoor plans today -- and for most of the next few days -- might not work out. That's because, with the exception of tomorrow, the National Weather Service predicts there is a chance of rain at least part of every day ...
|Things to do in Westport this weekend|
Photo: Contributed Photo / Westport News Before you go fly a kite, you have to make one and you can do that Saturday at Kite-Making Day hosted by Earthplace, 10 Woodside Lane, from 2:30 to 3:30 pm Participants can make a simple and apparently ...
|Drunk Driving Death Brings Westport Man 30-Month Prison Sentence|
By Harold F. Cobin | Email the author | 5:20am US Marine Charles M. Rochlin was 24 when he died in a Westport car crash in December 2009. US Marine Corps NORWALK – A Westport man who admitted he was intoxicated in December 2009 when he crashed the SUV ...
|Westport town election will be mostly uncontested|
Fall River Herald News
Westport's Town Hall looks right at home in a coastal New England town; the weathervane is a likeness of a schooner. photo by jack foley By Marc Munroe Dion A judge restored incumbent Selectman Brian Valcourt's to the ballot but 12 of the town's 18 ...
|Pickup slams in Westport office building|
WESTPORT -- A pickup truck slammed into an office building at 489 Post Road East Thursday afternoon, gouging a large hole in the corner of the structure. Firefighters at headquarters a block away heard the collision about 4:33 pm and traveled to the ...
|Helping trees, shrubs spring back from wicked winter|
Eric B. Rogers, co-owner of Westport-based Coastal Tree Experts, performs some "crown reduction" on a plum tree at the rear of a Morningside Drive property Wednesday afternoon. This past winter, with all of its snowfall, did more damage to trees and ...
|Frugal Family: Five Great Deals in Westport This Week|
Viva Zapata, serving authentic Mexican food and outrageous frozen drinks at the same location in Westport since 1969. 203-227-8226 530 Riverside Avenue www.vivazapata.com 5. Bottles Fine Wine & Spirits Save 10 percent on your purchase and every Friday ...
|Westport Arts Center's VIVA! celebrates arts visionaries|
Norwalk Plus Magazine
By Westport Arts Center Westport Arts Center supporters and arts lovers joined together on April 2 to celebrate the organization's mission, its connection to the community through the arts, and to honor long-time community arts supporters, ...
She is survived by her husband, Sidney Kramer of Westport; a son, Mark Kramer of Boston; a daughter, Wendy Posner of Chicago, and four grandchildren. A program commemorating Kramer will be held at 2 pm Saturday, May 7, in the Westport Public Library, ...
|Westport's Jennifer Foster Stars in 'Die Fledermaus'|
Jennifer Foster of Westport will sing the lead soprano role of Rosalinda this weekend when Troupers Light Opera performs Johann Strauss's "Die Fledermaus" at the Westport Country Playhouse. Jennifer Foster: In opera company's Playhouse debut. ...
|Government Shutdown Battle: 'Compromise is Not a Dirty Word'|
Clients of the Westport Center for Senior Activities say a government shutdown would be "ridiculous" and "dreadful." Elsewhere, concern grows. Charlie, 87, and Winifred Martinek, 84, are not worried yet but say it would be "a dreadful thing" if Social ...
|Fairfield University responds to anti-bullying video from Westport|
Students from Fairfield University have responded — like tens of thousands of people around the world — to a plea from Westport teenager Alye Pollack to stop bullying. Recognizing the issue associated with peer bullying, students from Fairfield ...
|Westport Police Seek Missing 17-Year-Old Girl|
By Anthony Karge | Email the author | 10:15pm The Westport Police Department is looking for a 17-year-old girl last seen on foot in the area of Greens Farms Road and Medwell Lane. Police say the girl is 5 feet tall with long brown hair. ...
|Blotter: Suspected Shoplifter Passes Out Drunk|
By Anthony Karge | Email the author | 12:00pm The following arrest information was provided by the Westport Police Department. It does not indicate convictions. If you're going to shoplift, make sure you don't pass out drunk in your car with the stolen ...
|Max Wilk Memorial Service Set for Saturday|
A memorial service will be held in Southport Saturday for Westport author, playwright and film and TV writer Max Wilk who died Feb. 19 at the age of 90. (See WestportNow Feb. 21, 2011) Max Wilk addresses a Westport Public Library audience in 2008. ...
|Two injured as truck strikes Westport office building|
Minuteman News Center
At 2:33 pm Thursday, firefighters at Fire Headquarters in Westport at 515 Post Road East heard a loud crash outside their building. A pickup truck heading westbound on the Post Road had slammed into the corner of the building located at 489 Post Road ...
|Pleasantville Man Allegedly Shoplifted, Drove Intoxicated|
By Anthony Karge Westport, CT, police arrested Matthew Hudson, 40, of Pleasantville on April 4 after he was found asleep in his vehicle. Police report responding to the area of Wilton Road and the Merritt Parkway after being ...
See all stories on this topic »
|AmeriCares Head: Haiti Will Lag in Earthquake Recovery|
Curt Welling, president and CEO of Stamford-based AmeriCares, told a Westport Arts Center audience Thursday night that relief efforts from the January 2010 earthquake in Haiti will lag those from last month's quake in Japan. The charity is involved in ...
|Some Enchanted End to Play With Your Food Season|
The ninth season of the lunchtime Play With Your Food play reading series came to an end today at Westport's Toquet Hall with performances of two one-act plays and excerpts from Rodgers and Hammerstein's "South Pacific," including "Some Enchanted ...
|Farewell to the Festival|
Although it isn'ta local event, I was deeply saddened to read in the newspaper this morning that the Festival Italiano, which had been an annual summer event in Westport for nearly 30 years, has come to an end. We Fairfield County Italians looked ...
|Nurturing the reading habit in elementary school|
However, according to George Beck of the Westport Huntington Learning Center, there are a number of things parents can do to help their children incorporate reading into their lives outside of school. "It's difficult to convince a child that reading is ...
|Cynthia Gibb And The Healing Arts | 06880|
By Dan Woog
There was plenty to love about last weekend's Westport Arts Center gala. A full house at the Westport Country Playhouse honored Joyce Thompson, and Cindy and John Vaccaro, for their many contributions to cultural life. ...
06880 - http://06880danwoog.com/
|WESTPORT CONNECTICUT - Westport.ct|
260 SOUTH COMPO ROAD, WESTPORT,CT 06880. Phone: (203) 341-5090. FAX: (203) 341- 5073. FAX (203) 341-5073. CONDITIONS FOR FACILITY REQUEST ...
|Westport ct News From AOL News|
Westport ct news. See the latest headlines on westport ct from AOL News. Videos, photos & westport ct pictures on all of the latest news from the US ...
Please send your comments, news tips and press releases to WestportRoundup@gmail.com
04/08/11 Westport Topix News Message Board: Drunk Driving Death Brings Westport Man 30-Month Prison Sentence
Westport - News April 8, 2011
Drunk Driving Death Brings Westport Man 30-Month Prison Sentence (Patch)
Six Weston-based bands will take the stage at 7 p.m. Friday for the Battle of the Bands at Toquet Hall in Westport.
Curt Welling, president and CEO of Stamford-based AmeriCares, told a Westport Arts Center audience Thursday night that relief efforts from the January 2010 earthquake in Haiti will lag those from last month's quake in Japan.
Westport Arts Center's VIVA! celebrates arts visionaries (StamfordPlus)
Westport victim's family speaks at sentencing (Thehour)
Westport's Coleytown Middle School tonight presents its Coleytown Company Production of "Fiddler on the Roof." The 7 p.m. performance will be followed with same time performances on Friday and Saturday at well as a 1 p.m. Saturday performance.
Italian Festival Canceled After 27 Years (Westport Now)
Michael Wilson To Receive Community Salute In June (The Hartford Courant)
Greenwich boys track building with youth (Fairfield Citizen-News)
Having a new coach and a team loaded with underclassmen, it would be easy for Greenwich boys track to write off this season as a rebuilding year and look toward the future.
Staples leads Ludlowe 3-2 in suspended girls tennis match (Fairfield Citizen-News)
Staples' Katie Reiner returns the ball to Fairfield Ludlowe's Alyssa McAndrews during their match Wednesday April 6, 2011 at Staples High School in Westport, Conn.
Out-Of-Control Truck Plows Into Office Building (Patch)
The two occupant of the truck were hospitalized, but nobody in the fully occupied office next to Philips 66 was hurt.
Danny Meyer Documentary: The Restaurateur (KQED)
Danny Meyer and Roger Sherman You know it's going to be a good day when it starts with a Shack Stack .
Four Whole Foods Market stores to donate 5 percent of proceeds to Clean Air-Cool Planet (New Canaan News-Review)
In honor of Earth Month 2011, four Whole Foods Market stores in Connecticut announced today that they will donate five percent of net profits from sales on April 12 to the regional non-profit Clean Air-Cool Planet .
Copyright (C) 2011 Westport Roundup All rights reserved.